Thinking of taking up running? Are you wanting to run for weight loss? Overall health? To achieve runner’s high? Perhaps you’re eager to enter some race events.
Thanks to Meghan Kennihan, our guest in this episode, you can Run for Fun and Get it Done! Meghan is a certified running coach, personal trainer, and fitness instructor who coaches runners of all ability levels.
We harnessed her energy and expertise to ask her to share a few high level tips for running newbies.
- Why run? What does running offer that a nice power walk does not?
- How do we prevent injury when embarking on a running program, especially if overweight or unfit?
- How can we address muscle imbalances so we can run as safely and long term as possible?
- What are some hot tips for the first few weeks of a running program?
- What are some common mistakes beginning runners make? What can we do to avoid those mistakes?
Just listening to Meghan will give you the pep in your step to open the door and head out for a jog-walk-run-jog-walk-race. When you return, check out her website at www.trainwithmeghan.com or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback or questions.
Meghan hails from LaGrange, IL where she is a USA Track & Field coach and RRCA (Road Runners of America) certified distance coach. If all goes according to plan, you will see her zoom by at the 2016 Olympics. She will not be using a stunt double, her identical twin sister (we LOVE twins!) . Catch Meghan now while you can.
For sure you can catch us over at funandfit.org and via twitter: @AlexandraFunFit and @KymberlyFunFit Ready? Set. Run!
You can listen to this episode via phone if you prefer! Call (512) 827-0515 ext 0307 . Feel free to leave a recorded message when you are done.