Our plate is full today as we talk about body image and nutrition for women with registered dietician, Milton Stokes. As Milton reminds us “Real Women Have Curves.” Are you ready to learn strategies to love your body and welcome the image it presents of you?
Milton Stokes, RD is a New York Times bestselling author of six books, former restaurateur, and owner of One Source Nutrition. He’s also a PhD candidate in Health Communication and Marketing. As part of his research, Milton examines both women’s body images and the credibility of nutrition symbols.
We ask Milton:
- What does body image mean exactly and why should we care about it?
- What are some strategies to improve our body image and accept ourselves with curves?
- How can we impact the images media puts out?
- Are we setting ourselves up for failure and aspiring to be UNhealthful?
- What is the connection between body image and diet?
As a nutrition professional and PhD candidate on the cutting edge of body image research, Milton is a wealth of support and great advice. Follow him on twitter at @miltonstokes and check out his website (chock full of nutrition and wellness resources) at miltonstokes.com.